A Rule Of Thumb I have learned to live by
Many People are very skeptical, judgmental, close minded, negative, naive, have fear, are unwilling to expand their Knowledge and put others down. The list could go on, what my point is:
This only hurts a person like this, growth process. A simple scenario I use is this. If you want to stay at the education level of a Kindergartner then that’s fine. But while others feel like expanding their horizons to see broader realities, who are any of us to keep them down with our unbelieving ways?
I have seen through my experiences with all religious type people that they are very closed minded and set in their ways of their belief structure. While I stay completely neutral in the topic and try to add other possibilities that may exist, they get very offensive and shut down to what you have to say. Basically becoming a waste of breath and time for both sides, when no one is right and no one is wrong. There is truth in both sides but one side never wants to agree with it.
I have dedicated my self to always search the truth, but it gets very frustrating when others refuse to acknowledge what may be true and shrug it off as wrong. Here is the problem in my eyes:
- If you are a Kindergartner or first grader (Spiritually) you only know so much. When you are dealing with someone that has expanded and excepted there is more to life than this narrow path, (say maybe a 10th grader). There is no possible way the lower level will be able to digest what the elder has to say. And unfortunately, I have seen the elders in these scenarios be younger than the Close minded Kindergartner but yet more advanced due to being open minded.
- In other words, a 20 year old open minded person can be so much more advanced than a 60 year old that closed off at 20 and lived a very stagnant life of believing the same way even to his or her grave.
- The more advanced person will know that the conversation is going no where and find a way out of a potentially detrimental argument that could shut a person down to them forever.
- There is always another day that a simple mood swing can change the outcome of the same conversation that was leading to an argument during the one day, but now the heart, mind and soul of the person who was then shutting down is ready to feed on what you have to offer.
- Compassion, sympathy, Love and Being un-judgmental are very important as well as being observant and in tune within yourself to know that the time is now to speak. Being in tune will show you exactly how to approach the situation.
Just because many other people in the World may be “on paper” more educated than you, doesn’t necessarily mean they are as awake spiritually as you are. After all, their education “on paper” in only granted by man, while staying alert and open to grow spiritually within yourself is granted by your Father, The same Father Jesus taught us about, in which his knowledge astonished many. Therefore, many times you may find the Kindergartner is the educated one on paper.
Jesus told us :
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Note: The easiest way to see who is on the right page. Look at which side of the conversation is offering negativity and which side is staying positive, but don’t confuse negativity, with reality or facts.
If you are the start of negativity in a conversation, then check yourself, because you are in the wrong!